Thursday, August 8, 2013

5th August
7.49am

Good morning my sunshines. Well I think I only have one sunshine. Lol. Anyway, yes, heading to work. Have about 7 stops to go. As long as I reach by 8.20am, I'm good. I was late to work on the first day of August for about 4 minutes or so. I remember getting a warning letter back in May or June for being late for about 20 plus minutes I guess, an accumulation of course. I'm someone who doesn't have issues with punctuality but yes, sometimes we mess up. Lol. I got a seat in the train and I'm going to sleep :)

8.46am

I made it to work but 4 minutes late. Gahhh. I think I accumulated and was late for July as well...
Now I probably got like 8 to 10 minutes lateness... I need to make sure I don't end up late anymore. Hais... I'm hungry.  My tummy is making those noises.  I need to go and make my cereal drink in a bit once the 9am shifters come in.

Oh and did I mention that it was raining heavily :( Poor me got kinda wet while coming to the office.  Hais.

9.29am

I still haven't gotten around to making my cereal drink. Gahhh. I'm lazy to get up. Anyway, Mabel gave me a present.  A super belated one and its a pretty bag. I took a sneek peek, didn't really see the colour but I love it I'm sure. Haha. A girl can't have enough bags can she?

===============================================================================================

8th August
I know I haven't updated in a while, I left a post on my phone hanging half way and didn't get to update it. 

Anyway, the group picture taken during Suba's birthday is out! <Click to enlarge> The picture is so lovely :) I just wish I wasn't slouching for the picture. 


So from my previous post I would have mentioned the whole story, so now it is time to introduce the cast members. From left, Naresh (The very tall guy who has a crush on Suba and will not give up despite knowing she is a lesbain), Vicknesh (The one who treats girls like trash and has the most girlfriends in the whole world, still single now I think), Krithiga (The wild girl), Suba (Sweet birthday girl, apart from the fact she's a lesbian), Puvanesh (The one who has a huge dislike for typical Indians which is how the rest of them, except Suba and me are), ME! (Yay, me! And I'm slouching :( ), Gughan (The one who has a girl friend, yet oogles are other girls and took my phone and made sure I stayed, but I eventually didn't).

So tomorrow is Krithiga's birthday, so Puvanesh wanted to go late, at like 6 or 6.30pm, but the party starts at 5pm! I didn't think I wanted to go so late so I told her exactly how I felt, which is to go there on time but leave by 9pm or something. She said she's join me later. I asked Suba if she wanted to meet but she said she has another party before and will come later and Naresh said he'll confirm with me again... If this goes on, then I might have to go to the party myself... GAH! I'm definitely not asking about Vicky or Gughan because I can never relate to anything they'd talk about. If Naresh can't confirm, then I'll just meet Puvan later I guess :( 

So I had stopped at Monday right? Tuesday I was on leave and it was a very twisted day. Mum wanted to apply her lifetime visa for India so that she can travel whenever she wants to. While I had to settle my renunciation of my indian citizenship as well. We went to the Indian High Commission (IHC) first to settle mum's stuff before the IHC only opens from 9.15-11.30am, can you believe it?! She had to submit her documents before 11.30am... So we went there and because mum is now a Singaporean, she had misplaced her Indian passport somewhere, so the lady at the counter said we need to have the renunciation cert from the immigrations authority or get a police report -.-' I had previously called regarding this 3 times mind you and I clearly stated she doesn't have her Indian passport and they never mentioned about the police report. This is only the first mess up they did. So from there, my parents and I cabbed to the nearest police station, made a report and cabbed back to the IHC again. Luckily we made it before 11.30am. So we submitted the documents and then went to Raffles Place so that my parents could deposit some money in the Indian bank for our new home back in India. Then we went City Hall, to the Supreme court to do my oath of declaration. 

In order to do my renunciation, I needed to have my Indian passport, but I obviously didn't have it because I came with my mum's passport which she obviously lost and the IHC had told me previously that I need to do a declaration with the supreme court that I had came in with my mum's passport and all that stuff. Once that was done, IHC said I should go to one of their external agencies and one was at Little India, so we went there and I gave them my documents and everything and because I didn't have the passport, they said I had to go to the IHC itself :O Can you freaking believe it?! So if I managed to finish with the agency, I only had to go down 5 working days later to get the cert of renunciation and then go to the Immigrations and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to do my oath for Singapore and be done with this, but NO! Now I have to go back to the IHC, finish up the documents portion with them, then go another day to get the renunciation cert. GAHH! I told that guy at the agency that I was told to come here but he insisted that I had to go there... So I called IHC again and they told me the same thing and I said I already went to their agency and they said I have to go to the IHC and the lady who spoke to me just casually said "then just come to IHC before 11.30am" and hung up on. Woah! I had my blood boiling. If I had known this was the case, I'd have gone to do my declaration first, then gone to IHC later to settle both mine and mum's together. I was so freaking annoyed because I only had taken 2 more leaves, one on 21st and another on 29th thinking I'd be able to settle everything on this trip. I also have to get my passport renewed with ICA.

On the bright side, I'm having 5 days medical leave from Monday to Friday so that should give me sometime to settle this maybe? My appointment for my surgery was initially set at 10am but because of this, I wanted to settle the first IHC visit on Monday itself, so my surgery is at 2pm instead. I'll have to go to IHC on Monday morning, make sure they don't mess up things anymore for me telling me I have to get other additional stuff, then go for the surgery. Once that is done, I have my last module's first lesson, so I hope I can attend class because I've been hearing news about the aftermath of the surgery :/ 

Then I can expect everything from IHC to be sorted by 21st so I'll go and collect the cert from them and whatsoever and then head to the ICA to do my oath and probably get my passport issues settle there or I could do it online as well I guess... 

Very disappointed with the service at IHC. They are so terrible at giving information as well as their soft skills with people. If only I could become their manager, I'll make sure everything turns upside down. They're just bringing the Indian attitude from India because while I was in India, I saw so much of this attitude and since all or most of the stuff look like they're from India, guess this is how things are.

Anyway, this picture was taken while I was at the supreme court waiting to do my oath of declaration. I just said smile and my parents went into this mode. It is so cute! Just look at the way dad was smiling. Had a great time with my parents and I'm glad they tagged along with me :)




Then yesterday we had Hari Raya and National Day celebration at work and we were asked to dress up in either our ethnic costumes or red and white. Most were dressed in red and white, but only 3 of us were dressed in ethnic costumers, 4 actually, but Adilla left as she was not feeling well :( I wore makeup to work, first time in 5 months that I had worked there and many people had complimented on the way I looked, it was so nice :) 

They had best dressed awards given to 3 people and I was not one of them :( That was a sad thing because I obviously had gone all out to get dressed for this day. Lol. But the best dressed got chocolates, so if I got chocolates, I'd have finished them all up and also gained weight. 

Apart from that disappointment, I overall had fun getting dressed up. I was told if I wore contacts, I'd look way more prettier :P 

This is the most nicest picture of me with Jayanthi akka. So Rekha (above) and Jayanthi akka (left) got the best dressed, along with Laila who wore red and white. It felt so nice getting so many compliments...

Speaking of compliments, I already got my 2nd compliment too. So this means, I'll be getting 2 movie tickets in total. Its not about the movie tickets actually, its completely about the compliments because if the person has actually taken time to write in about you, means you've really impacted them in such a way, and it also means they're such nice beings xD






So today is a holiday, along with tomorrow, then Saturday is my exam for conflict management. I felt like I didn't put in any effort for this module at all because I barely listened in class properly. I don't know what is happening to me, but the last module is up next and I have to give my maximum for it then I'd be satisfied overall :) 

Will head off to mug now. Till later :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment