Friday, August 31, 2012

Surely God is my salvation;
    I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense;
    he has become my salvation.


~



Phew... My Friday has officially ended. Yes it ended an hour later than usual. Left office at 10pm :( Can you believe it? Leaving office at 10pm? I was just so close to ending work, but I ended up attending to a call that made me cry so bad, which I shouldn't have actually. And no, I didn't cry over the phone. I cried after the guy hung up. It went like this... I can't reveal the exact details of the call, but well I made a mistake when I started out, for which I apologized for quoting the wrong reason. I just felt that he kept pressurizing me the whole time. He didn't scold me, didn't raise his voice, but his tone was just plain nasty. I don't know how anyone can do that. And he insisted that I call back after clarifying everything and call back by 9.30pm... So I had about 10-15 minutes to clear things up and what did I do? I cried. I just broke down...

I was just so glad that Matthew was actually there to listen in to the call and help me through it. He did a great job of comforting me and then  trying to help me salvage the situation. Eventually at the end of the call, I did salvage the situation, but I was just crushed as ever... Firstly, I don't think I blame the customer because I just didn't know certain facts because I was new. Secondly, I just think all this happened today because of a reason, which I don't know why... But well, I definitely learnt some new facts and all.

All the way home I was just sobbing inside, trying to keep in control and not make it obvious. But the train ride home gave me some clarity. In the end, I just had to understand certain things and I guess I am glad I went through this experience. Still, I think it was unsightly of me crying there, but I guess only 3 people saw? Including Matthew and Jean, there was another guy who came by, so I guess its not that bad :P

I still wish I didn't have to go through such an experience. Oh dear God. I think I mainly broke down because I panicked and Matthew trying to give me signs while I was on teh call wasn't helping me and on the other hand the guy on the line was just intimidating me with his tone and all. 

Few things I learnt from this...
1) Matthew is a life saver! I mean, although at some portions he could have been clearer on what to say, he was there throughout the conversation helping me and just being there while the rest already left.  He gave me good pointers and advice and then even appreciated what I did. All this coming from someone I judged previously... Ahh...

2) Definitely learnt more about the product which I handled today.

3) The need to be very confident and sure of the information we are giving to customer to avoid upsetting them, which obviously I started off doing -.-'

4) I can't exactly think of anything else now except that tomorrow I have quite alot of things to do, and next Friday, I have to call that guy again :/

As I was leaving work, it someone flashed to me to read the message Ps.Subra sent me this morning. He tends to send me bible verses everday in the morning and I save them to my favorites folder in my phone. So I opened it, and I found this message, "I will trust trust trust IN YOU AND BE NOT AFRAID" ISA 12:2. He just condensed the verse which I stated on top like this, and the whole way home, I just kept repeating this in my head and it made me feel so much better. I know today God had kept everything in control for me and I think it ended the way it did because God was there watching over. I just feel so blessed time and time again when I think about everything.

Its kinda silly, but as I'm blogging right now, I'm smiling to myself :D I don't feel so upset over whatever happened almost 3 hours ago. I'm just so freaking relieved its over and I hope that my future dealings with this customer next week will be a breeze... Not just keeping my hope in anything, but in God who does everything for me.

Joshua sent me picture of food and now I'm hungry :P Wasn't exactly in the mood for eating after all this. I guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow morning I guess. Another long day tomorrow, will be ending at 9pm, on time I hope again :P And then I'll just have a very short Sunday, back to work on Monday... But I think I'm on leave on Wednesday. I guess that would give me some time to rest... Still some more cases to follow up and one more new case was re-opened today. Have to seek my wonderful TL's assistance. I wish she was around today, am sure she's have helped me too. But oh well. I'll just have to re-enact this whole incident to her tomorrow...

I have to be up in about 8 hours. Will probably reach office 1 hour earlier to clear stuff up and process some waivers. I'm guessing I'll have a peaceful night sleep even after the whole storm at work :P

Good night people! Smile, be cheerful always :) I know I have a reason to smile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment