Yesterday's sermon at church was really good. For all I know I had to learn alot from it. It was from 1 Peter 5 :6-9. A well known verse to most Christians I hope... For those who don't know, '6, Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7, Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8, Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9, Resist him, standing firm in the faith...'
So basically P was saying how God always has a plan to lift us up at a high place and he will ultimately fulfill his plan and purpose for us but we will have be humble and be still under God's hands. Sometimes what we expect may not happen immediately and we shouldn't blame the devil or God because God knows when to fulfill our needs at the right time. If we want something we can believe that God will only give us the best at the right time... And then verse 7 is all about how when feel worried about something, God knows immediately and he cares for us so much. So instead of worrying so much, we should just leave it to God because we can't solve anything by worrying right? And besides when we have God for us, who can against us? Any problem that comes can't stay long so lets just see how far it goes and watch the fun that happens later xD And finally we have to be alert and self controlled because the devil is just waiting to create doubts and confusion about the things going on, so if we let him, he'll just make us fall into his trap. Actually the devil doesn't have any power because God had snatched everything away from him when he rose on the 3rd day after crucification. So we empower the devil when we fall into his trap and temptations allowing him to work in us. So basically, we've got more powers than him. But how many of us know this? Or should I ask, how many of us know this and yet fail to act on this? I'm guilty... Day in day out, I know what God is capable of and what he has made me capable of but sometimes, almost always I just sit around and do nothing when I should be in God's presence and be seeking him fervently... So is this a wake up call? I really hope so...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
No comments:
Post a Comment