The Incarnation of the Word of Life
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.4 We write this to make ourt joy complete.
Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness
5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from allt sin.
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
Would you go skydiving without a parachute? Would you bungee jump without a bungee? Would you go on a roller coaster ride without pulling the shoulder harness down? Would you scuba dive with no air in the tanks? Could I convince you to eat a rotten egg with a dead goldfish in it, just for the fun of it? The answer to all these questions is a definite "NO!!!" That stuff isn't smart. It's not tempting. It's a no brainer! Why? Because participating in any of those activities would lead to pain for sure, and probably to death!
Wanna know something crazy? Most teenagers take those kinds of chances every day. They may not be performing daredevil stunts or eating raw food, but they take the chance of living life on their own. God designed us in His image, as relational beings. He created us to be in a relationship with him and with other believers (1 John 1:3). In the Bible, Christians are never divided into those who go to church and those who don't. In the New Testament, wherever Christians were within range of each other, they met. In the book of Acts, every time the apostle Paul went to towns where there were new Christians, he immediately helped them meet with each other, and together they became a little church.
Pray that God would give you a heart for his people and that he would help you make the choice to meet consistently with other Christians.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
So today at church we had our Thanksgiving Celebration Worship led by Ps. Joshua who is pretty popular because of his worship cd release which is a big hit! We even sing one of his songs in church for worship sometimes which is really nice! So today it was no exception! Having that man there was really awesome! I kept telling mum he looked quite handsome. Tall, dark and handsome :P He's 28, not sure if he's married but anyway, his worship was amazing! He plays the keyboard so darn well! Hahaha! I definitely felt God's presence today without a doubt! After quite a while of worship, he shared with us a sermon which was pretty convicting I must admit. He was talking about how we Christians need to be transformed everyday and stuff like that. A few things he said really convicted me and so when he asked those who would like to commit our lives to God to come forward, I did. I pretty much go forward every time a man of God comes to preach, but this time it must have been different. I am sure it must have been different. After service was over, I went infront for a personal prayer and he laid his hands on me and prayed. I can't be sure what he said was right. Many times people have prayed over me and have said plenty of things, but I do know that although all those things were different, the one similar thing is that God is going to use me. I did have a feeling to believe what Ps.Joshua said. I do know that I am going to do great things through him who gives me strength. I know God loves me very much and I a grateful to be in this world because of him. Many times I forget that I'm not in this world to live a normal life, but I'm destined for greater things, things that God has planned for me. And the only reason I exist today is because God created me, and it's for a purpose.
So I've been doing bible plans from youversion, and I haven't been keeping that for sometime, so I thought I should probably start somewhere new and fresh, so I started this Deep Dive 14 study plan that has a study for 14 days. Thought I should share today's lesson.
So there it is. This kinda pricks me now because of the fact that I left my Christian community at school. I didn't want it to happen, but it just did. I got upset over stuff, and I left. I still see them now and then, have a chat and stuff, but I don't think I'd want to go back to fellow shipping with them. Not because I'm still angry with them, but because I don't want to be reminded of those things. I guess for the time being, I could just make sure I'm being pretty intact with my own church and its activities and also maintain a good relationship with my JC :)
I better get going now! I've got to look at some really nice christian quotes :P
Oh! I managed to finally eat bread, and slices of chicken! Weee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment