Thursday, October 13, 2011

My holidays are coming to an end already. I don't think I managed to finish everything that I wanted to do. Or in certain cases, start things I wanted to do... I did lose a bit of weight, so thats a little motivating I guess. When school starts, I won't exactly have time to eat so much. I'll be mugging alot. I've got 8 modules this semester... Though you may not be interested, I'm going to put it on here anyway.

Communication Skills 3
Psychology & Sociology for Online Media
Social Media Technologies
Enterprise Social Media
Social Media Marketing & Analytics
Social Media Case Study
People Skills
Effective Communication in a Relationship

The last 2 is my general elective. So its going to be pretty interesting I hope. I am a little sad for my upcoming semester mainly because I won't be with some of my classmates because we've all chosen different tracks. Me, social media, and the rest all over the place. I think I'm going to be in the same class as Aisah, Mint & Tuni... From my own class, there would be Puay Xin, Jansen, Yu Meng, Wei Ling. My whole SM class would roughly have about 23 of us. I don't think we'd be split up for anything, so we'll all be together for all our classes and apparently, Raj would be in SM as well... I don't really want to be around him because he intimidates me a little and its scary. I'm also curious as to how the groupings would be like because there will be tons of projects and group assignments. I really have to make sure I manage time well...

Lets discuss my timetable... It's pretty pathetic! I mean, on Monday, my first class is at 8am :( And I have lessons straight till 1pm! Lessons 4 hours straight?! And My break is 3 hours long! My final lesson starts at 4pm till 6pm. Staying in school for 10hours?!

Tuesday, lesson starts at 10pm, thank God for that, and lesson ends at 11, followed by a 1 hour break, and then lesson straight from 12 to 6pm! How can anyone focus for 6 hours straight? :(

Wednesday is the most pathetic day of all! I've got 1 pathetic lesson for 1 hour from 11-12! And then, thats it! No more lessons! Why not push that 1 hour somewhere else so that I won't have to come to school on Wednesday?! Or maybe move my other packed schedules to that day! Gosh! I wonder how they even plan these schedules!

And Thursday, lesson starts at 11am to 1pm. After an hour lunch break, 4 hours lessons straight from 2-6pm.

Friday! The final day of the week, I start at 9am! But I start off with my 2 general electives which is pretty good. So from 11, when my 2 GE lectures end, I've got a break till 1pm. And then followed by 3 hours lesson at BLK M! From BLK L, to BLK M!!!! I don't like to be at some other blk! :( So I end at 4 on Friday! Hopefully I won't have to fight with any crowd to get on the train home!

Ending at 6pm on 3 days just means that I'm in deep shit because the trains would be so crowded! And on Tuesday, I've got church, so I hope I can squeeze into a train soon and get to church on time. Oh and did I mention the morning crowd?! They are crazy! Its really difficult to fight with these people! I need to leave by 7am atleast so I can get to school by 8am. Usually, it would only take me about 20-30minutes journey to school, but who knows what can happen on a Monday right?! Another annoying this is that out of my 8 modules, only 1 module's lecture is at the lecture theatre! The rest is all in labs! This just means that its a small space, and I can't laze around if I want to. But either way, I plan on getting the front few seats in class! Even if I do seem to be getting lost, I bet my lecturer will make sure I don't xD

My classes are not going to be the same without my usual clique of friends, Salina, Shou Xian, Luqman, Jia Jun, and the rest. Although Jansen will be around, things will be pretty different. I'm frankly very worried for my new semester. I know everything will be okay, but I'm going to be around a new bunch of people and teachers! And my Comm Skills module teacher is an Indian woman. I was telling Salina that its horrible! Why can't I have Mr.Aaron Subair or something?! He was a good Comm Skills teacher in year 1 and I always tried to get his attention :P On the bright side, I'm sure this teacher would be the only one in the history of my lift at NYP who will be able to pronounce my full name right :)

I know I may not be the smart ass in class, but I've got to learn to be a geek :) Probably show alot of interest in class. I mean, after all, I chose Social Media. I don't know what I have in store, but still, there is anxiety! Plenty!

I went to school to get my notes today, apparently, I only managed to get 2 notes out of 8. It seems that my teachers didn't give any notes to the photocopy shop to print copies for us :( And a school mate from the previous batch told me that they didn't have notes either. Their teacher asked them to print the notes from online. Well, we can print up to 30 paper a week in school for free. And I have a few accounts of my classmates who aren't in the study track now, so I could use theirs :) And mum would be getting her vouchers soon! I could use them to go and get ring files to file my notes. I know I have plenty of files, but still, I like getting new ones :D Like today, I only spent $5 on my notes, but I spent $15 on stuff at my school bookshop. Pens, thin files, highlighters, etc. I had fun :D Haha! But I can't get anymore stationary for now. I've to wait till mum gets her vouchers from the union and I'd be able to get anything I want for free! Hehe! I need to get a box from Daiso to store all my stuff for this semester.

Did I mention that I can get my braces next month? I must have missed that! I followed CN when she went for her dental appointment. So I managed to have a consultation with the orthodontist, Dr.Peggy, who was super nice! I got x-rays of my teeth, and pictures taken. Hehe! I'm all ready :D Just that on the 23rd Sunday, I'd have to go and get some stuff done. Dr.P was telling that my gums are a little weak and she needs to inject stuff :O I know its going to be painful, but I guess I'm prepared to face it! I love braces alot! Hahaha! I hear its going to be tough to maintain them and all. After that Sunday, I can have my 4 teeth plucked out and my braces fitted in! I was told I could do 2 at a time! So I pluck off 2 teeth and then fit the top braces, then a few weeks later, the other 2 teeth out and the bottom braces. But I'm ready to face the pain at one shot! Besides, I'd look so weird with only 1 set of braces right?! What color should I start off with? Purple? Or Red? Wooo! I'm excited! I'm not sure if the tooth extraction and the brace fitting would be done on the same day... Maybe not. And Dr.Peggy is only in on Tuesdays & Sundays. Tuesdays is pretty much out of the question because of church. Maybe I'd go for Sunday... If they are going to be done on 2 different days, then probably extraction would be on 13th, and the following week, 20th would be braces fitting day :D I know I'd have to deal with pain, but its all worth it! I won't have anyone looking at me and saying my teeth looks creepy! Oh I got that from a girl last month! Gosh! She was teeny weeny and she said it right to my face! Haha!

My hair has grown longer. I want to get a hair cut soon! But mum says wait for Christmas! I think I'd get my hair cut on the 24th December :) I'd have to deal with this crap first! And probably decide on a nice hairstyle while waiting for the day to come!!

Oh and another thing! When I first got my home wifi, we started with 2mbps. Then upgraded to 6mbps... And now, we've upgraded to 50mbps because we've got the fibre wifi thing installed at home! And from 26th Novemeber, I don't have to bother streaming any movies or video! Or even if I download a movie, it'll be downloaded in seconds! Hahaha! In your face PK! Hahaha!

My hamsters are doing fine. Mandy doesn't seem to be the type of hamster that is described in the books! The type that eats her babies. I touched Mandy and even carried her and she didn't seem to mind. I didn't touch the babies though. I still think if I left my scent on the babies, it won't recognize them and leave them alone to die :( But Mandy reacts very strongly when I bring Randy near the cage. She practically goes crazy! So Randy is kept in the living room while Mandy is in my room. At night, she tends to get noisy with all biting on the cage, so last night, I brought her to the kitchen and left her under the table and I couldn't hear her after that. Haha! This morning when I went to retrieve her, Dad asked me why I left her there. He sounded so sad :( Aww. After I explained to him, he was okay I guess. I enjoy playing with Randy alot, he's a super good boy!

I've to wait for 26th November to have my super fast internet. So in the mornings, I watch The Big Bang Theory. Its pretty good I guess. I laugh alot. But I seriously can't stand Sheldon sometimes. I don't understand what he says half the time. I wonder if he's like that in real life. I hope not. Haha. So I'm loading 2 movies. Mere Brother Ki Dulhan & Yuvan Yuvathi now. I'm going to watch them tonight. Or maybe leave one for tomorrow. I'll see how :) I know I blogged alot. Ending here tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment