Monday, May 9, 2011

Yet another boring day. And its Monday... The Monday blues and all, just very tired and my surrounding is too good to sleep in. I've been having such awesome days! Yesterday was mummy's day. Made breakfast for granny and mum. And for dinner, ordered pizza. Dinner was a really big surprise for them. Ha! They didn't expect it, and I managed to zip it :) I can't keep secrets, especially from mum, because I generally share everything with her, so this is a big deal to me :)

Programme at church went really well. Emotional bits now and then. I remember when I had to share last year, and mum wasn't there and I cried alot while sharing. This year, mum was there and I didn't cry that much, but I did choke on my words. Tried to keep my eyes locked onto hers :) She looked so lovely yesterday :) Made a special dedication to the other superwoman, my grandma :) Alt
hough we argue now and then, we can't live without each other...

Made me think how things would be if we had a proper family... Not that we aren't. And I really feel, my family, is actually complete! This is my family, and this is how I want it to be. I don't hate dad. Just that the things he has done, is something none of us deserve. And mum is so strong and courageous to finally say No to this.
-
Mummy, you're awesome! And we all know that! Since young, I never got dad's love, but you made it up big time! So much so, that not getting dad's love, wasn't that much a deal to me. You've suffered so much for all of us ever since you got married to him. And whenever you say you're alive for me, it just touched my heart! Whenever I dad abused me, you came to my aid and you got hurt instead. And many times, because you hid things about me from him and covered up for me, you got hurt instead.

I know I drove you mad so many times when I was younger. How I made you come down to school more than once every single year because I got into trouble and I probably was the most naughtiest girl in school... But yes, I was younger then mum. I'm growing up now... Growing up to be wiser and mature. I know I tend to be like dad in some ways. Short temper, impatience, many small things that had made me like him a little. But mum, your love is breaking it all away. Piece by piece, bit by bit. You've taught me what it means to give selfless love. To do things without expecting anything in return. To work hard, but also manage responsibilities well. And be that many different faces of woman you are.

Thanks for the times you made me feel pretty when I wasn't feeling that way. You just knew what to say to make things better. Amazing how you just know how I'm feeling from the sound of my voice, without me having to say anything. You just know mum. For the times you've encouraged me and you made me hold on, thank you. Sometimes I don't know why I hold on, but if I'm asked a reason, a reason as to why I hold on, I'd say its because I'm doing this for mum. Because that is the only reasonable thing I can come up with.

I owe you big time mum. Big time. I'm alive because of you and I'm glad you held on to your life for my sake! You know I'm going to make you proud mum! I really will. I'm going to work so hard and get to where you want me to. I won't make the same mistakes again and I won't get distracted by anything or anyone.

I promise when you come back home from work at night, I'd be waiting for you at the door to give you a big hug. I promise I won't spend too long on the net talking to my friends when you're around because you mean so much more to me. I promise to give you a massage now and then too :P

You know I love you mum. You complete me. You're my superhero, my role model, my first love, my best friend, my mum, my dad, my everything :) Nothing and no one will be able to replace you...

I'm going to protect you like you've protected me mum! I'm going to give you nothing but the best! You wait and see mummy, you're going to have a blast seeing me achieve so much and the woman behind my success will be you mum! I love you!

-

I kinda feel bad about the times when I ignore mummy. She's a royalty and she deserves nothing but the best :) Her smile, makes everything worthwhile. So as of today, or yesterday actually, I decided to put all my childish ways. I'm going to stop being all so lame and sensitive and hot tempered and impatient, and everything else. Its not going to be easy but when you have a motivational drive, nothing is impossible. My mum's my drive. Now I'm going to make everything worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment