I know I've missed Saturday & Sunday, but they weren't that important as today! So I'm just going to skip blogging about them :)
Today was my first day @ Philips! What can I say? It's the best place to be! So prepare to be mesmerized by Philips xD
I woke up before 5. Did some dilly, dallying! And finished showed by 5.40am. So I wore my red and white stripped formal top and was tucking it in, but I didn't feel right wearing it, so I changed to the black one, and I didn't feel I should wear black on the first day of work. So I skipped that and finally settled for the white top!
Mum got me 2 new pairs of shoes on Sat, so I was not sure which I should wear. I wore one, then I changed to the other. So when I left home, it started hurting badly! By the time I reached the train station and got plasters, my skin at the back already peeled off! But thank God the plasters worked their magic! No pain after that! Haha!
Supposed to be at braddell at 7.50am. I reached at 7.40am. Nazifah reached a bit after 8. LOL! So we made our way to the bus stop and the bus reached right in time. 3 stops later, we were infront of Philips! Well, they have like 4 towers, and we had to meet at Tower 2 for this morning. Luckily the security Uncle told us how to go. So we were there, had to get a visitor's pass. Then went in and had to wait a while and we were given another pass... Then we had our photos taken for our own passes! Was briefed about on Philips. Blah blah blah. Then our supervisors came to pick us up :)
Mr.Chee Yong who spoke to us on the phone was there, and he was really friendly. Had to walk to Tower 1, they had a bridge in between! And well, we went through a small room after Mr.Chee Yong scanned his card and the next door we went through was like any other door. But lo and behold the place looked like a huge warehouse! Woo! Damn big la! And then we were shown to our desk! Our desk is like U shape and I got half the U :) and the other half was filled with computers, etc and Naz was beside my table. Her half of the U wasn't very clutered as much as mine! My desk was a little dusty and thanks to my wet wipes, I cleaned them after lunch :) I'm not going to take picture of it until 2 weeks later. By then, my desktop would have been set up and I would have made my desk look really pretty :)
We were introduced to Jimmy Zhao! He is sort of guiding us on what to do etc. We were shown around the whole place! Damn big okay! Pantry was right at the back! With a machine dispensing drinks! Hot drink!!! Milo, coffee and tea are free! HAHA! Amazing! Just had to put in your own cup! Then a machine which dispensed tidbits! They cost around 50cents or less! Then we were given a task... So for the first 2 hours or so, we were given a huge TV! And remotes of course and we were asked to play around with the TV interfaces!
It was really fun. See the cool interfaces? But things can get annoying when there are too many interfaces to get used to. Like over 100!
So after that we had to go for lunch! Wee! Me & Naz were starving! LOL! We went to the cafeteria at Tower 1 and the food there was damn cheap! We both got our lunch at $1.50. And fruits were just 50cents! Haha! Mr.Chee Yong, Senior Manager, joined us later. Asked him about our office wear, and he said we could wear anything that is comfortable as long as its decent because we don't have to meet customers! Woohoo. I'm thinking of going formal on Mondays and Tuesdays. Wednesday will be semi formal, Thursday will chudithar & Friday will be Jeans etc. After lunch, Jimmy brought us to the sale. Staff get 20% discount off everything. Hehe!
Then we went back to our big warehouse office. After settling down a bit, we were brought around to be introduced to the team. Not everyone, but just those whom they work with. Only remember Mr.Sunil Anthony :P Too cute to be forgotten! Ahem ahem! So anyway... Jimmy gave us a UIS, User Interface Specification and told us to read through it. Took 1 hour to finish it, and then Jimmy told us to compare with the actual TV interface that we were looking at earlier and sport defects! Major, Minor or Question. Had a template and gosh it was so much like Software Engineering. LOL! I still enjoyed it much though :) So we were expecting for someone to tell us to go at 5.30pm, but no one did. Jimmy came to us about 10-15mins later telling us to go off! And that people here don't leave that early! LOL!
So then me and Naz went to return our access pass and collected our own passes :)
then went to the main and returned the visitor pass and we walked to Toa Payoh mrt, which was near to our place. Trained back. I went to the value dollar shop and got some tidbits! Hehe! Came home and found a cup that was presented to me over 2 years ago but I haven't opened the packaging! And then grabbed a new tissue box for my desk! Going to bring my air freshener as well. The air smells a bit stale! LOL! Better go and spray it before the rest come in! Haha!
So now I've packed my tidbits, cup, spoon, tissue box and air freshener! I'll pack the decorative stuff for another time :) Wearing my new purple top tomorrow! Weeeee! Hehe!
Am I the only one who is delighted about attachment? Why do many seem so somber? :(
Oh and this is Nazifah at work xD She is such a joy to be with. We talk and laugh over almost everything! Haha! For example, the TV programmes in the TV were limited and its meant for Brazil, they have about 3 programmes which keep repeating after 5 mins or so. And in one particular one, a old man is in hospital and he has a damn hairy chest! LOL! And I make a remark and she was like "he has got more chest hair than hair on his head" and we both cracked up! LOL! Can't wait for tomorrow :)
Dear Salina, if you're seeing this, then please note that I miss you very much!
Today was my first day @ Philips! What can I say? It's the best place to be! So prepare to be mesmerized by Philips xD
I woke up before 5. Did some dilly, dallying! And finished showed by 5.40am. So I wore my red and white stripped formal top and was tucking it in, but I didn't feel right wearing it, so I changed to the black one, and I didn't feel I should wear black on the first day of work. So I skipped that and finally settled for the white top!Mum got me 2 new pairs of shoes on Sat, so I was not sure which I should wear. I wore one, then I changed to the other. So when I left home, it started hurting badly! By the time I reached the train station and got plasters, my skin at the back already peeled off! But thank God the plasters worked their magic! No pain after that! Haha!
Supposed to be at braddell at 7.50am. I reached at 7.40am. Nazifah reached a bit after 8. LOL! So we made our way to the bus stop and the bus reached right in time. 3 stops later, we were infront of Philips! Well, they have like 4 towers, and we had to meet at Tower 2 for this morning. Luckily the security Uncle told us how to go. So we were there, had to get a visitor's pass. Then went in and had to wait a while and we were given another pass... Then we had our photos taken for our own passes! Was briefed about on Philips. Blah blah blah. Then our supervisors came to pick us up :)
Mr.Chee Yong who spoke to us on the phone was there, and he was really friendly. Had to walk to Tower 1, they had a bridge in between! And well, we went through a small room after Mr.Chee Yong scanned his card and the next door we went through was like any other door. But lo and behold the place looked like a huge warehouse! Woo! Damn big la! And then we were shown to our desk! Our desk is like U shape and I got half the U :) and the other half was filled with computers, etc and Naz was beside my table. Her half of the U wasn't very clutered as much as mine! My desk was a little dusty and thanks to my wet wipes, I cleaned them after lunch :) I'm not going to take picture of it until 2 weeks later. By then, my desktop would have been set up and I would have made my desk look really pretty :)
We were introduced to Jimmy Zhao! He is sort of guiding us on what to do etc. We were shown around the whole place! Damn big okay! Pantry was right at the back! With a machine dispensing drinks! Hot drink!!! Milo, coffee and tea are free! HAHA! Amazing! Just had to put in your own cup! Then a machine which dispensed tidbits! They cost around 50cents or less! Then we were given a task... So for the first 2 hours or so, we were given a huge TV! And remotes of course and we were asked to play around with the TV interfaces!
It was really fun. See the cool interfaces? But things can get annoying when there are too many interfaces to get used to. Like over 100!
So after that we had to go for lunch! Wee! Me & Naz were starving! LOL! We went to the cafeteria at Tower 1 and the food there was damn cheap! We both got our lunch at $1.50. And fruits were just 50cents! Haha! Mr.Chee Yong, Senior Manager, joined us later. Asked him about our office wear, and he said we could wear anything that is comfortable as long as its decent because we don't have to meet customers! Woohoo. I'm thinking of going formal on Mondays and Tuesdays. Wednesday will be semi formal, Thursday will chudithar & Friday will be Jeans etc. After lunch, Jimmy brought us to the sale. Staff get 20% discount off everything. Hehe!Then we went back to our big warehouse office. After settling down a bit, we were brought around to be introduced to the team. Not everyone, but just those whom they work with. Only remember Mr.Sunil Anthony :P Too cute to be forgotten! Ahem ahem! So anyway... Jimmy gave us a UIS, User Interface Specification and told us to read through it. Took 1 hour to finish it, and then Jimmy told us to compare with the actual TV interface that we were looking at earlier and sport defects! Major, Minor or Question. Had a template and gosh it was so much like Software Engineering. LOL! I still enjoyed it much though :) So we were expecting for someone to tell us to go at 5.30pm, but no one did. Jimmy came to us about 10-15mins later telling us to go off! And that people here don't leave that early! LOL!
So then me and Naz went to return our access pass and collected our own passes :)
then went to the main and returned the visitor pass and we walked to Toa Payoh mrt, which was near to our place. Trained back. I went to the value dollar shop and got some tidbits! Hehe! Came home and found a cup that was presented to me over 2 years ago but I haven't opened the packaging! And then grabbed a new tissue box for my desk! Going to bring my air freshener as well. The air smells a bit stale! LOL! Better go and spray it before the rest come in! Haha!So now I've packed my tidbits, cup, spoon, tissue box and air freshener! I'll pack the decorative stuff for another time :) Wearing my new purple top tomorrow! Weeeee! Hehe!
Am I the only one who is delighted about attachment? Why do many seem so somber? :(
Oh and this is Nazifah at work xD She is such a joy to be with. We talk and laugh over almost everything! Haha! For example, the TV programmes in the TV were limited and its meant for Brazil, they have about 3 programmes which keep repeating after 5 mins or so. And in one particular one, a old man is in hospital and he has a damn hairy chest! LOL! And I make a remark and she was like "he has got more chest hair than hair on his head" and we both cracked up! LOL! Can't wait for tomorrow :)
Dear Salina, if you're seeing this, then please note that I miss you very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment