8.57am
It's day 1 of no Facebook and no Whatsapp. I don't know why I uninstalled my whatsapp because now I'm starting to think it's silly. Lol. But oh well... I like the quietness now and I'm able to think clearer and sort out priorities better as well.
I will kinda miss the routines I had each day when it comes to talking to the same bunch of people each day or actually just that few and checking Facebook before I sleep and after I wake up.
The question I got from so many was "WHY?". I have an answer, but to many it might not make sense at all... So we can just skip that. But I think I have to make a list of why I need to do this now else all of this is pointless...
12.39pm
This is completely boring. So boring. But it's worth it. I think. Lunch in a bit. Can't wait for that quiet time alone. More because I'm hungry. Been eating porridge only for a while now which gets easily digested and I get more hungrier. Hehe.
10.55pm
So today has been quite a different day. Things at work were slightly the same because I was having different moods thanks to different callers. I think the first thing I need to work now is to not let people decide how I should feel. They don't, but it's just that I end up feeling bad because of one thing or another. I got agitated here and there and I felt like I wasn't giving my best to my callers. Poor bunch of those who genuinely needed help and I was just being mean to them :/ I promise I'll be nice to them, even if they're like Mr.Stanley screaming his head off and all. I promise I'll be gentle and soft spoken and if anyone says they can't hear me, I won't shout at them xD
So yeah, that was work. I also managed to get the air out of my huge balloon that Jolyn got for me. I'll be bringing it back home with me on Thursday, nicely folded into my bag so that I can keep it for sentimental purposes. Hehe. I think I still have a few pending presents. Definitely Tharas tops the list because he was giving a huge build up for my present and till now its not complete. I don't blame him because the frequent power cuts definitely make things difficult for people to do anything. And then there's Uma who said she's got me a huge pillow which she can only bring it to my house so I'm hoping she'll make a trip down soon! Haha! And finally, there's Adilla. I have no clue what she has for me but she's been forgetting it and I didn't want to keep bugging her for it. She'll bring it when she remembers I'm sure :)
Came back home slowly today. Got to take a nice nap in the train back home till one side of my neck got crammed :/ I got 2 slices of chocolate cakes, so much for trying to be in a diet. Got home, ate the cakes, watched yesterday's episode of Office on youtube which is like some show shown on a tamil channel, Vijay TV. I enjoy that show very much and haven't been missing out on any episodes. I usually catch up with the episodes over the weekend while ironing my clothes. Haha. It's completely draggy but seeing how the characters just blossom and all the tiny characteristics is just worth it!
Then once I was done with that I started reading a book that I had gotten sometime back. The book is called "6 secrets to a powerful quiet time." Obviously a Christian book and probably a priority now is to make sure I develop a relationship with God which will definitely make me a better person.
The book is like a 30 day journey and I got into day 1 today. I don't really remember about how my quiet time used to be previously. Jeez my memory is getting so bad, I need to start praying about the memory bank xD
So I'm not very sure if I ever had a relationship with God but judging from everything so far, I probably didn't have one. I probably did the usual stuff like reading and praying when I needed things to be done, but I never developed any sort of relationship with God.
The book sort of opened my eyes and mind to a few things like how God wants us and not just a part of us but "all of us", every day and all the time.
There is no one God would rather spend time with than us. It is kinda cool because you'll feel very special when you start understanding this. I mean, we have people we meet or speak to and hang around with but how many of them truly want to spend time with us? Maybe they would want to for a while, but I don't think anyone but God would want to spend time with us every day and all the time. There comes a point and then it gets tiring right?
So my day 1 was just about allowing myself to experience the radical intimacy. The verse is something I have started to hold close to my heart because no one but God can love with an everlasting love :)
We might have experienced intimacy with many people but how can we confidently say that those moments are "private and personal, with love, warmth, and intense joy," ? Well I don't know. I thought I had such moments but I guess I haven't but there is always a first time :)
Radical intimacy with God is a deep, abiding sharing of hearts no outward circumstance can touch.
So why is this important? Well as Christians, if there is one thing we ought to be sure about, it's our GOD! We can acquire facts about God without a real, vital interaction or experience with Him. Yet God desires a dynamic, authentic relationship with us.
There is going to be just so much difference in spending time with this God who desires for us to spend the time with him :)
I feel truly blessed because he's completely genuine and he loves me...
So aside from all of that, I still haven't answered why I needed to isolate myself from the "Social Media" although I haven't gone away from my instagram. Hehehe. I didn't completely go away from everything... Facebook is deactivated, whatsapp is uninstalled, not checking my twitter but apart from that, there's instagram and blogger too! So why?
I know this might sound so silly but I have to start making a list of why I'm away from FB and whatsapp.
1. Tired of having to communicate with people online and having miscommunications.
A series of incidents have just proved to me that I don't think I can communicate online and I tend to misinterpret and over analyze stuff being said. It's my fault and I can't blame people but maybe being away for a while will help me think through things and when I get back, I'll probably conduct myself better?
2. Spending too much time on social media.
I always have so much time to spend on all these platforms but I complain I don't have time for this and that and actually I got time to clean up my room a bit today. Even if it was a bit, it's still something! I need to pick up new hobbies. I'm going to start this weekend by baking cookies for my my friends. I'll do a test batch first and have colleagues and friends try it out then find ways to improve it then send Joshua some for his birthday and my other penpals :)
3. Removing attachments from people.
Frankly, I find myself very attached to people. I could possibly go retarded if I get into a routine of talking to them and then suddenly something happens, which could be very normal but to me, it's not. I remember John, how we skyped a few days in a row and he was either busy, or detach himself from me and things didn't go too well. My mood, feelings and emotions, which sound all the same, is very much dependent on how the time spent with them is. I probably find myself expecting too much from these friends. Oh and did I mention I have too many online friends? I don't know how come I have so many! Must be due to the interpals site but still, there's just too many! Foo! I should start clearing out my friend's list once I activate FB again.
4. Become a better person.
How is all this going to help me be a better person? Well, I'll start spending time doing things to improve myself and relying on God completely. This will definitely bring about certain changes in me that I'll be proud of :) Certain routines in life are not helping me so the next few days, I'll hopefully pick up some good habits and ensure I follow through with them.
I'm not sure if I have more reasons for doing this but if I think of any, I'll remember to get them down. Fuyoh! Close to 12pm :/ I've been sleeping at this time for the past 2 days, since Sunday and tonight is the 3rd night in a row. Sad!
I've got class tomorrow and when I come back, I have to do QT and obviously its going to be this late as well :/
Oh speaking of class, new module started yesterday, conflict management. I could probably learn a lot from this module xD Not very sure about my lecturer though. She took us previously for counselling skills where we scored so well for the assignment but probably didn't do well for the exam because I ended up just passing the module. Apparently that pass happened to be the lowest grade I got so far. Yikes! Speaking of grades, Counseling Ethics results will be released on Friday. I remember doing it so last minute and also being the top scorer for the assignment. Just waiting to see how I did for the exams :/
Okay, enough typing. Time to settle a few things then go to bed. Good night earthlings :)
Dear Facebook, I miss you too! I miss seeing my pretty wall and flooding with all the nice pictures. I'll come back, but only after I've learnt to use you properly xD



No comments:
Post a Comment