7.41pm - Saturday
Yeah, I've been blogging everyday and it's quite tiring :/ Lol. That aside, I made cookies today... Yes, finally. It turned out okay, not fantastic but just okay. I followed all the measurements and everything but yet at the end, I felt that it was too sweet and oily as well...
So for those who wants to try out the recipe, here goes!
Chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients :
2 cups of all purpose flour. I used like plain flour that we already had at home.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda. This is baking soda I think xD
1/2 teaspoon salt. I don't know why we need salt :/
3/4 cup unsalted butter. Actually, I think should reduce this to 1/2 a cup instead, man my cookies were pretty oily but were okay when they came out, but still oily.
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar. Now tell me, that's just too much sugar right?
1 tablespoon vanilla extract. I couldn't find it, but I researched and found out that vanilla essence/vanilla flavoring can be used, but has to be double.
Then 1 egg and 1 egg yolk only.
Then whatever needed to make the cookies look like cookies. I got mini m&m's along with semi sweet hershey's chocolate chips. The things about this chocolate chip is that it melts and since I had some on the top of the cookie, it kinda got messy :/
My huge portion of cookie dough that I decided to split. Half for the m&m's and half for the chocolate chips.
So there you have it. They looked so pretty :D

So this was my first batch of cookies. They look quite okay and tasted good :) I think I can never make it with the presentation. But the cookies are edible! I swear :)
Directions :
1. Preheat the over to 325 degrees. - Apparently my over doesn't have the degree dial so I just had to estimate and heat it accordingly. I need a proper over. So maybe one of you guys can get it for me a Christmas present? xD
2. Grease cookie sheets with unsalted butter. - I didn't have to do this because my cookie sheets were already non-stick.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and set aside. - I didn't know how to use the sift, so mum helped me xD
4. Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar. - My whisk came in very handy :)
5. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. - So I beat them separately first, then I poured it into the already mixed butter and sugar.
6. Mix in sifted ingredients until blended. I actually poured it into the flour, but now that I'm reading it again, I think I have to pour the flour in. Right? xD
7. Stir in chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. - I used the whisk first, then I used my spatula instead, here my dough wasn't too oily but later on it was :(
8. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto prepared cookie sheets.
9. Bake for 15-17 mins in the pre-heated over or until the edges are lightly toasted. - I had to bake them for a really long time xD
10. Cool on baking sheets before transferring them to wire racks.
This is the last batch of cookies, I got tired that I decided to mix both the candies together and ended up with this. This was the 5th batch of cookies. Phew it was tiring. I took about 3 hours from the preparation to the final clean up and actually it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. Oh the pain of being a beginner. The oven was also giving some problems as well.
Oh well, it's finally done. Need to give them out for testing and once that is done, have to bake more in about 2-3 weeks. They won't be in time for Joshua's birthday, but its good to wait for good things :D
6.29pm - Sunday
Actually I already composed a blog post, but it just happened so I was watching a movie with Mum last night and by the time I was done, I got tired to continue, and I didn't publish my draft either. Sorry my dear blog readers, especially STEVE!
So I've reactivated Facebook. I decided I shall not disappear from social media anymore. If I need to isolate, then I'll just not use it. That makes sense right? The 6 days away from things that I spent so much time on, gave me plenty of enlightenment. For example, I decided I'm not going to go look for people to talk to or whatsoever. If you guys wants to talk to me, then you should. I don't think I should go and find people and talk to them. So you talk, and I'll talk. The other thing is, if people want to talk to me, even while I was away, they would have found ways. But then again, another way of thinking is that people wanted me to have the alone time. But I kinda wished now and then someone would email me or something just to talk. Vinu emailed me now and then telling me stuff and updating me about work but otherwise... Did I mention Tharas spammed my whatsapp while I was away? xD He kinda sent me some message, each day and that was very thoughtful.
I'm starting to feel very thankful and appreciative of everything in my life. I cherish my family, friends and everything else. I thank God for this life and for everything he has given me. Nothing can replace it. I think there is just so much more to God and I want to discover him everyday, but then I get lazy or tired and whatsoever. Then I think what if God decides to get lazy or tired and takes a break? Well, we probably won't be alive xD So God, thank you for not getting tired. Haha! What would I do without you?
This time away, probably helped me remove certain attachments, be independent and not have my life revolve around the same usual things. Helped me to prove to myself that I can do anything I want to do, IF I want to do it. So its time to turn my IFs to CANs. It's not like a complete turnover because I am taking things slowly and I know for a fact I haven't gotten over some things. It will take time, but eventually, I'll get there :) I just need to hang on to someone and He'll help me get there :)
Dieting is going terrible. I'm having porridge for lunch everytime, but still, I eat snacks in between, unhealthy snacks of course. I think I've already put on so much of weight. I'm too scared to check my weight :P Oh well, I decided I shall check anyway, and I'm at 85.5kg. Oops! Now this is bad xD I've to be more strict with myself.
So Abigail, my best friend, is going to give birth next month. Most likely her baby is going to be named Johan Gabriel Salvatierra Fortunato. Well it's a mouthful. Along with that, my cousin's wife is pregnant as well and she's due next month too. That baby is going to be a boy too but since they're all non-Christians, the baby is going to have some Indian name I guess.
Yeah, I've been blogging everyday and it's quite tiring :/ Lol. That aside, I made cookies today... Yes, finally. It turned out okay, not fantastic but just okay. I followed all the measurements and everything but yet at the end, I felt that it was too sweet and oily as well...
So for those who wants to try out the recipe, here goes!
Chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients :
2 cups of all purpose flour. I used like plain flour that we already had at home.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda. This is baking soda I think xD
1/2 teaspoon salt. I don't know why we need salt :/
3/4 cup unsalted butter. Actually, I think should reduce this to 1/2 a cup instead, man my cookies were pretty oily but were okay when they came out, but still oily.
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar. Now tell me, that's just too much sugar right?
1 tablespoon vanilla extract. I couldn't find it, but I researched and found out that vanilla essence/vanilla flavoring can be used, but has to be double.
Then 1 egg and 1 egg yolk only.
Then whatever needed to make the cookies look like cookies. I got mini m&m's along with semi sweet hershey's chocolate chips. The things about this chocolate chip is that it melts and since I had some on the top of the cookie, it kinda got messy :/
My huge portion of cookie dough that I decided to split. Half for the m&m's and half for the chocolate chips.
So there you have it. They looked so pretty :D
So this was my first batch of cookies. They look quite okay and tasted good :) I think I can never make it with the presentation. But the cookies are edible! I swear :)Directions :
1. Preheat the over to 325 degrees. - Apparently my over doesn't have the degree dial so I just had to estimate and heat it accordingly. I need a proper over. So maybe one of you guys can get it for me a Christmas present? xD
2. Grease cookie sheets with unsalted butter. - I didn't have to do this because my cookie sheets were already non-stick.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and set aside. - I didn't know how to use the sift, so mum helped me xD
4. Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar. - My whisk came in very handy :)
5. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. - So I beat them separately first, then I poured it into the already mixed butter and sugar.
6. Mix in sifted ingredients until blended. I actually poured it into the flour, but now that I'm reading it again, I think I have to pour the flour in. Right? xD
7. Stir in chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. - I used the whisk first, then I used my spatula instead, here my dough wasn't too oily but later on it was :(
8. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto prepared cookie sheets.
9. Bake for 15-17 mins in the pre-heated over or until the edges are lightly toasted. - I had to bake them for a really long time xD
10. Cool on baking sheets before transferring them to wire racks.
This is the last batch of cookies, I got tired that I decided to mix both the candies together and ended up with this. This was the 5th batch of cookies. Phew it was tiring. I took about 3 hours from the preparation to the final clean up and actually it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. Oh the pain of being a beginner. The oven was also giving some problems as well.
Oh well, it's finally done. Need to give them out for testing and once that is done, have to bake more in about 2-3 weeks. They won't be in time for Joshua's birthday, but its good to wait for good things :D
6.29pm - Sunday
Actually I already composed a blog post, but it just happened so I was watching a movie with Mum last night and by the time I was done, I got tired to continue, and I didn't publish my draft either. Sorry my dear blog readers, especially STEVE!
So I've reactivated Facebook. I decided I shall not disappear from social media anymore. If I need to isolate, then I'll just not use it. That makes sense right? The 6 days away from things that I spent so much time on, gave me plenty of enlightenment. For example, I decided I'm not going to go look for people to talk to or whatsoever. If you guys wants to talk to me, then you should. I don't think I should go and find people and talk to them. So you talk, and I'll talk. The other thing is, if people want to talk to me, even while I was away, they would have found ways. But then again, another way of thinking is that people wanted me to have the alone time. But I kinda wished now and then someone would email me or something just to talk. Vinu emailed me now and then telling me stuff and updating me about work but otherwise... Did I mention Tharas spammed my whatsapp while I was away? xD He kinda sent me some message, each day and that was very thoughtful.
I'm starting to feel very thankful and appreciative of everything in my life. I cherish my family, friends and everything else. I thank God for this life and for everything he has given me. Nothing can replace it. I think there is just so much more to God and I want to discover him everyday, but then I get lazy or tired and whatsoever. Then I think what if God decides to get lazy or tired and takes a break? Well, we probably won't be alive xD So God, thank you for not getting tired. Haha! What would I do without you?
Dieting is going terrible. I'm having porridge for lunch everytime, but still, I eat snacks in between, unhealthy snacks of course. I think I've already put on so much of weight. I'm too scared to check my weight :P Oh well, I decided I shall check anyway, and I'm at 85.5kg. Oops! Now this is bad xD I've to be more strict with myself.
So Abigail, my best friend, is going to give birth next month. Most likely her baby is going to be named Johan Gabriel Salvatierra Fortunato. Well it's a mouthful. Along with that, my cousin's wife is pregnant as well and she's due next month too. That baby is going to be a boy too but since they're all non-Christians, the baby is going to have some Indian name I guess.
Supposed to go for my dentist appointment today and decided to give it a miss because I was being so lazy. Scheduled it for 4th August instead. Poor teeth :/
I wanted to blog more, about other stuff, but I think that can wait. I have stuff to finish as well. Ending off here today :)
Happy Steve? xD













No comments:
Post a Comment