I came across this video while I was searching for love songs that make sense and this video is pretty nice and funny and cute and well, it just made me smile.
I just have so much blog but I don't know where to start. Should I start from how I find guys so confusing sometimes? It's like they said something else before and all of a sudden they say something else later. And sometimes I just don't understand their actual feelings because their actions is so confusing. First they say something to make you think this is how it is, and then they say something else that makes you think that is how it is. But I just don't know. Girls on our part are so confusing as well, but that's not the point :P I don't want to dwell on this for too long.
I never got to mention how work was hell this week! It was fine initially on Monday and Tuesday and then I got overwhelmed with the amount of waivers and follow up cases and since I was working 11.30am shift, from Wednesday I stayed till 11pm to clear my work so I won't be stressed over the weekend. Left around 10.45pm on Wednesday and 11pm on Thursday & Friday but got a free cab ride home on Friday. I tried my best to clear most of my work thank God, but I still have some more stuff to do. I hope by the end of the month I don't let myself down with many open cases. Atleast my cases are only 1 week pending and not more than that.
20th September - Thursday was a very eventful day... I started the morning with my devotion "THESE ARE TESTS". Verse : In your anger, do not sin - Eph 4:26. Some quotes from the devotional...
In our spiritual lives, we may encounter situations that trigger our anger, kindle our envy and test our patiences. At such times we may consider it reasonable to react violently. But we must not yield to anger and envy.
Ordinarily, we might be under the impression that we are capable of being patient, tolerant and humble in any situation. But only when we come across situations that demand such traits we will realize how much we lack them. So God takes us through situations which make us angry. Thus God makes us realize we lack patience and humility. So instead of bemoaning why such a situation has occurred, we need to consider that as a testing field and try to grow in patience and humility.
So, we need to progress with the desire to overcome the trials, equip ourselves with divine attitudes. So, when situations look bad and trigger off out adverse reactions, let us pause and consider them as trials to help us attain more maturity in our nature.
So there, even before I began that day proper, God sort of gave me a warning on what I would be facing, but no, I just chose to overlook the whole thing... I went to work, everything was find, and towards the end of the day, I got agitated over something with a customer... Long story cut short, yes I should have anticipated this and been careful, but I didn't. But in the same devotional God also gave me another answer to the problem I was facing. I just had to consider these situations as trials to help me attain more maturity in my nature. Well, I definitely didn't find the answer that day.
Happened so that the next morning devotional was just another continuation of the previous day. I was already feeling miserable as hell, and then this. So I went back to the previous day devotional and reflected on it, felt better and carried on with the devotional for that day.
The previous day it was like God telling me that I wasn't patience and tolerant as I thought I was and I didn't have humility either. And he used that situation at work to show me that and also help me understand that it was going to build me up. That day, God was sort of providing me something that I would find useful to help me deal with this sudden outbursts.
A lion can be brought from the forest and can be kept in a cage. But when the cage is opened, it will emerge from the case and endanger the lives of those who stand around. Same way, an elephant from the forest can be chained. But when the chains are removed, it will try to destroy everyone. It is not just enough if they are controlled. They must be trained so that their wild nature becomes inactive and defused.
Emotions like anger, hatred and sexual urge are strong like wild animals. They have tremendous force and it is dangerous to suppress them on the basis of religious views and moral discipline. One can never say when they will break loose and cause great havoc. Instead of controlling, they must be subdued and softened gradually and they can be subdued and kept in their proper place if we maintain a fellowship with God. They can be handled in such a way that they do not become destructive and this can only be achieved only through an intimacy with God.
We can weaken the destructive passions and render them powerless through seeking intimacy with God and pouring our heart to Him. Wrong natures and sinful inclinations can be made to lose their force and baneful influence by out efforts to mould our heart with the help of the word of God and the Holy Spirit. Association with good people and focusing on high visions also can help. Angry emotions can be defused by reflecting on God's love and His forgiveness, by thinking of the bad consequences of anger and by constant awareness that such emotions can cause a loss of relationship with God. The heart must be strengthened by intimacy with God to withstand the force of anger and the heat of resentment.
Phew. That was almost everything and I just realised that the devotionals tend to have punctuation errors :P Well anyway, my answer to subduing Mr.Anger is there and I guess its just time to take this seriously. So after reading this, I kept in my mind most of the time at work and yes I might have lost my patience a few times but I made sure I did not do anything wrong or say anything wrong. But I remember one thing I used to do right when I was very angry. I'd just go straight into my room and not talk to anyone or say anything because I guess I know I'd say something I'd regret later on. Don't want this to get out of control...
I had so much more to blog about, but I'm feeling sleepy. Dental appointment tomorrow at 10.30am... Finally... Sort of excited but also kinda nervous. Always am... So I hope Dad wakes up early to prepare breakfast so I can eat before my appointment, else I don't know if I can eat after the appointment. Oh well, I just yawned. Time for bed. Shall continue tomorrow.
Sometimes I wonder if anyone even reads this :P
No comments:
Post a Comment