Its been a while since I blogged. The good thing is I got myself a job within 2 weeks of coming back. I only searched for jobs for 2 days and my 2nd attempt, I got a job at StarHub ;) Really happy about that! Been going through training for the most part. Finished 3 weeks already, but I know there is plenty of challenges once I start work. Expected to start work on 21st August. Training ends on 17th August. That would make my one month Anniversary with StarHub :P Started training officially on 16th July.
Few things have been going on. Granny had been diagnosed with minor stroke which luckily only affected her left hands and legs. Didn't affect her speech or sense of touch. It was unbearable to see her going through so much :( The hospital visits were so depressing, except when I saw the very handsome doctors xD In the end we decided she should go to India to get further treatment and recuperate there with everyone looking after her. Her latest scan showed huge improvements :D So I'm really happy for her. I just want her to be able to walk again and do the usual things she would do. The few days when I was looking out for her was really tiring :( Had to put her on adult diapers because we couldn't get her to the toilet on time sometimes. She was very much like a baby. I miss her very much ;( I really hope she gets well soon. Although I used to argue with her alot, and shout at her while taking care of her, she was still always there with me and for me. Now she isn't exactly around me... Everyday when I get back home, I return to an empty home. Things are so much difficult for us now, but we're managing and getting used to all of this...
I'm going to apply for Kaplan, Diploma in Counselling on Monday. The course is 10months and after that I will go ahead to do my Degree in Psychology/Counselling. I could go to my degree straight away for 2 years, but it will be good if I do have some background in counselling first. Besides, course fees are affordable and its only 10months. I will have to attend about 40 classes I guess. Classes start in November... Its not going to be easy juggling work and studying. And then I do have a social life too :P So I guess I just have to prioritize and know when to do things....
I shall end here for now ;)
Few things have been going on. Granny had been diagnosed with minor stroke which luckily only affected her left hands and legs. Didn't affect her speech or sense of touch. It was unbearable to see her going through so much :( The hospital visits were so depressing, except when I saw the very handsome doctors xD In the end we decided she should go to India to get further treatment and recuperate there with everyone looking after her. Her latest scan showed huge improvements :D So I'm really happy for her. I just want her to be able to walk again and do the usual things she would do. The few days when I was looking out for her was really tiring :( Had to put her on adult diapers because we couldn't get her to the toilet on time sometimes. She was very much like a baby. I miss her very much ;( I really hope she gets well soon. Although I used to argue with her alot, and shout at her while taking care of her, she was still always there with me and for me. Now she isn't exactly around me... Everyday when I get back home, I return to an empty home. Things are so much difficult for us now, but we're managing and getting used to all of this...
I'm going to apply for Kaplan, Diploma in Counselling on Monday. The course is 10months and after that I will go ahead to do my Degree in Psychology/Counselling. I could go to my degree straight away for 2 years, but it will be good if I do have some background in counselling first. Besides, course fees are affordable and its only 10months. I will have to attend about 40 classes I guess. Classes start in November... Its not going to be easy juggling work and studying. And then I do have a social life too :P So I guess I just have to prioritize and know when to do things....
I shall end here for now ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment