Wednesday, September 22, 2010

38 more days
Do you know how old he is?! Just 19! He just turned 19 one week before he died! And how did he die?! He was riding a motor bike and got hit by a car!! I just don't understand why this is happening?! He doesn't deserve this. Rest in peace Nimalan.

Nimalan was my secondary school mate. I didn't really know him so much. But when he did talk to me, he teased me a lot. Well although sometimes I did get hurt because he teased me, thinking back, I'm sure he never meant any of it. Although I wasn't close to him, I know he had made so many friends. Last night while on facebook, I saw a few of my friends saying that Nimalan had passed on. I hoped it wasn't him. I searched his name on fb, found his wall, and saw many people posting their condolences there. For awhile, I was just too shocked. Last night, he got hit by a car, and he died an hour later at the hospital. Only 19... Such a young age. His parents must have had so much hopes and dreams for his future, and it all was dashed because of an accident. This morning, I wasn't sure if I should go to his funeral. I know he lived nearby my place, but wasn't sure where exactly. Aunty Mano (Church member), my tuition kid's mum called me and asked what time I was coming over today and that was when I asked her if there was any funeral near her place because I know Nimalan stayed around there. She said that it was right under her blk. She lived in the 14th story, and his family stayed in the 16th story. I told her I know him and she said if I'm going to the funeral, she'd come too. And she told me that apparently, Pastor Maniam was related to them too...

So after dropping by the post office, I met Aunty M & Ben, then went to her house and then proceeded to their place 2 floors above, man it was damn crowded. At the lift landing in the first level itself, there was a huge crowd almost over 100 teenagers. And at their place, it was crowded too, but the body hadn't arrived at that time, which was 3 plus. Pastor M, Pastor S and Pastor G were already there and we stood there for almost hours till the body arrived.

Nimalan was disfigured. His face was bloated and stiches here and there, totally couldn't recongize him, and his mum was mentally down! By the time everything was over and he was in the van, it was already close to 8. And I'm sure over 200 people turned up. As he was being driven away from the blk, many of his friends got on their bike, and started going vroom vroom! And I felt like screaming at them! Seriously! They should impose some kind of rule. Youngsters shouldn't drive motor bikes la! Not in Singapore can?! The roads here are so dangerous! So many bike accidents you know! And your friend just died after a bike accident, and you get on a bike somemore?! Go and sell it! I've got tons of things against motor cyclists already!

I didn't cry for Nimalan though. Usually I cry when I see people crying, leave that, I knew Nimalan a little, and I still couldn't bring myself to cry at all. My heart goes out to his mum really... As she was leaving, she was mumbling how her son got into a motor bike accident and now his friends are all driving off in a motor bike and all.

19 is a damn young age! I'm 18 now and I can't imagine dying at such a age! Like I've got so much things to achieve. Not sure about Nimalan, the youngest of 4 kids he was. His siblings are all well educated and in Uni, and he dropped out of secondary school. I wonder what he wanted to do with his life. I do hope that his family and friends wont take it hard on themselves and try hard to move on.

Well, tomorrow I'll be meeting Nusha and we are going to Orchard for window shopping. She'll bring her camera along and we'll take tons of pictures ((:

Speaking of pictures, I am reminded of my pinky that was badly hurt! I'm sorry if you are going to get nightmares.


Well now the color is alright, but my pinky does hurt slightly now and then. I hope she'll be alright soon ((:

And I'm ending here! More updates tomorrow! Remember, wherever in the world you are, drive safely, whether its a car or a bike! You will be leaving a lovely bunch of people in the world behind, and it may mean paying your life as the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment