Monday, March 11, 2013

6.04pm

Ended the first day of training. Feeling super tired and mentally drained. Although I went to bed at 9:30pm yesterday, I couldn't sleep and only slept after 3am. Somehow I managed to get up at 6pm at the sound of my alarm. I wasn't tired then. Still felt pretty fresh.

Left home slightly early. The train wasn't that crowded so I got misled to going right at the back only to realize closer to my station it was almost impossible to get out. Gahh. Just wish these people were slightly more considerate. Anyway also realized that I forgot to refill my water bottle so ended up dropping by the same shop I did the other time to get a bottle of water. Walked the long route to the building and found they had a small gate open from the main road. Got to the office by 8:15am and by then there was one other girl and a guy who had come in with me. Signed our names at the reception and waited... Sat there for so long and around 9am we were invited into the training room...

There are only 5 of us for training. 2 Malay ladies, a Chinese girl, a Chinese guy and me. We didn't speak much to each other but the 2 Malay ladies hit it off first. Introduced to each other then started off with the orientation. Content was very light. Was given lunch for 2 hours so we could explore the place and stuff. We went together and we got to find out more about each other. One of the Malay ladies, Noris is 29 years old with 2 daughters married to a guy who is 5 years younger than her, so he is 24. They've been together for 8 years. 6 years of marriage I'm assuming because she said they got married after 2 years of knowing each other.

11.33pm

Continuing from where I had left off. Another Malay girl is Liza who was an ex police officer for about 8 years or something. I forgot exactly how long. She had to leave her job because she gave birth to her 2nd son and had to take care of him.

Next is Joleen, she just graduated from RP.

Then there's Peter who just finished serving the nation :P

So by the time we came back from lunch we started talking a lot more to each other and really bonded quite well. Because it was just orientation we got to go around the office and see the environment and stuff. It was super cold :( Have to bring my jacket tomorrow. Met the contact centre managers. Tomorrow, training officially starts! Found a short cut to work thanks to colleagues so I guess I won't have to suffer tomorrow :P

I still haven't stopped thinking about bestie. I can't imagine what she's done and what she's going through now and I just feel upset and all. I need to encourage her during this time and I really hope she'll be over all this by August! It's just very sad that I can't be there for her wedding next month :( We had talked about making our wedding affair huge and now she tells me she doesn't want anything too grand just with family and its next month! In Phillippines! :( Well, I have to be happy for her...

Oh I am so sleepy. I sort of dozed off during training, then I had to go to class after that and I was very tired too! Handed in my assignment! YAY! Lecturer said he'll mark them and let us know our marks by next week. Hais.

I should go now, I have to fill up some stuff for work.

Thankful to God for giving me a great first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment