Tuesday, February 19, 2013


What a day it was :D Well my morning wasn't very fantastic but the rest of the day got so much better and I'm so thankful to God for this blessed day!

So we have to start from morning. I messaged Rev's agent regarding the CPF job and he said there is no opening right now and they might be recruiting in March. Asked me to send my resume, which I did and he replied saying he'll also look out for other jobs for me. I didn't ask him to, and I don't want him to. Just give me that CPF job and we'll get this done and over with. But I'm not stopping here, I'll continue looking and spamming companies with my resume till someone from somewhere gives me a job that I want :)


So after that I had breakfast, dad got me roti prata. I slacked for a bit and went to bed :P I didn't do any sort of job hunting today because I was slightly annoyed with the fact that nothing has come up to my liking so far. So I slept for a really long time and then to have a change of perspective decided to spend some time with God. So I went through my new collection of religious books and found one "40 Days with Jesus." If you see my previous post you'll notice that I've posted up Day 1's devotion. It was pretty good I think. Read it a few times over and over again...

I guess one thing that was very evident to me from that is in order to experience God's goodness we have to spend time with him and it's very encouraging to know that he wants to be in our life. I am very assured today by the devotion and I am truly grateful for having such a Father who knows every thought of mine.

So once I was done with that, got ready for school. Start of a new module. Was really excited more about collecting my parent's Christian dvd. Back in Hosanna Church they had this mass wedding and this was the tape. The lady at the shop told me that they charge by the duration of the tape. So I was hoping it wouldn't exceed one hour and it didn't :D Oh yeah! Haha. WAs 38 minutes  So this video was taken in 1994, when I was 2 years old. Hehehe. Some screenshots from the video are below. (Click to enlarge)



So yes, I was just grateful that I didn't have to break my bank or any other bank to pay for this. Thank God the deposit covered for the dvd :) I didn't get to see much of my parents in this tape except for a few scenes here and there. They were the first couple to be out in the video and then there was a short snippet of mum sharing a testimony and then towards the end dad also sharing a testimony and there I was. 2 year old me :D I look so adorable don't I. Hahaha.

So another good thing that happened was that I got my 2nd module's assignment back. I know I just did the exam about 10 days ago and I think I did okay and then my teacher announced he was going to release the assignments today. The school's policy is that the assignment and exam results will be released together 45 days after we complete the exam. Which means on week 3, we submit the assignment, then week 5 we sit for the exam, then about 45 days later which is around the time when we've actually finished the next module's exam, the results will be released together,
So a few of my classmates were very upset about this system. A mistake happened with the first module's assignment and stuff. Some students told the lecturer during our 2nd module that our 1st module results should be released but it was not. So our lecturer collected our answer scripts for the assignment and brought it to us. Soon after the management sent some people to warn us saying it was not supposed to be returned but they'll let us off this time and if in the future something like this happens, they'll have to take action against us. So that was our first assignment which I scored 25/50 despite putting in so much effort. By right that answer script together with our total grade for the module should only be released tomorrow. So yeah, messed up system.

Then back to the story (sorry I got side tracked), this 2nd assignment answer script should only be given to us on 26th March, we just finished the exam about 10 days ago, so another 35 days to go right? But seems like some of my classmate feedback to the management and they're discussing on changing the policy and stuff so for this module again we're getting our scripts back before the stipulated time.

I frankly wasn't excited at all :/ I felt like I over prepared for the exam but I wasn't sure how I actually answered the questions and then I was also very very worried for the assignment. When my lecturer mentioned a few times that a lot did well and had many scoring over 30, I was telling Thana that I'm not going to listen to him and I'll just wait for the scripts :P

I was the first few to be called and this is what I scored. A whopping 35 out of 50! OMG. I was smiling from ear to ear because I was so delighted! Hahaha! I'm ecstatic! I got 10 marks more than the previous assignment. Haha. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. Oh I could just go on and on and on about this :) I wasn't exactly concerned about what others scored, just too elated with I got. I have to thank God again :) His blessings did come to me in mysterious ways, through pain and trouble :) I can't explain any more...

So tomorrow the results for my first module results will be out. We won't get back exam scripts but we can roughly gauge our score from the total grade. I probably wouldn't get a credit, but I hope I at least pass. I can't flunk right? No, I won't flunk. Just that I'm not too sure of my gut feelings anymore. Like I thought I would do well for my 1st module assignment which ended up with a borderline pass and I was quite satisfied with my 1st module exam as well apart from mixing up 2 theories together :/ Then the 2nd module assignment was something I didn't want to comment on just as yet and I got good marks. So no more gut feelings. I'll just trust not on my own work but on God. He delivers results. Haha. This score definitely made up for the disappointment I got over the first one :) Lets hope it keeps getting better...

I keep checking my email now and then. It's already past midnight, meaning its 19th Feb and results should be out in a few hours and I keep wishing its now :P But oh well, too much happiness can kill right? :P I have heard of people getting too happy then dying xD I won't die, but still... I slightly wish I will get a credit for the 1st module... I think credit is about 60 marks. But that would mean I have to do exceptionally well for the exams right? GAH! I have to stop thinking now. Haha.

I have a few more things to do before going to bed. Don't think John might be coming on tonight after all the travelling he was saying he had to do. I wonder what happened to the Chinese girl he proposed. I need to ask him when he gets on.

Shall end off here :) Tharas, dude (I know you don't want me to call you that. LOL) , I'm done! Hope you had fun reading it as much as I had fun writing it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment