Friday, December 2, 2011


I couldn't feel any worse this morning. Its been sometime and I've started to strongly dislike my 'Effective Communication for Better Relationship' elective... Maybe initially it was because my teacher was super boring and I've been told the next door teacher who teaches the same elective is really cool. I guess I've seen it for myself in some ways. My teacher, Ms.D apparently has issues with pronouncing some of the words. Sometimes she even uses the wrong word, like when she's supposed to mean PHASE, she says PHRASE! And when the word is POSESSIVE, she makes it PROSESSIVE! I've been spotting many of her mistakes and sometimes I really wonder if she is a counsellor... And then I remember I even asked her for advice on choosing counselling and psychology, stuff like that... So back to today... Oh wait, we need to go to last week...

Last week, we had to list down stuff we'd ask a guy when we get into a relationship... I feel that before you get into a relationship, you need to be pretty sure about the person's character and things like that. Being in a relationship is not to test water or anything because I feel it has to be done in advance! So my group and I listed some stuff. One thing I listed was, I'd ask if he's a virgin. I feel that its a pretty important question... Infact, I'd ask it even before getting into a relationship to find out if a guy gets into a relationship for the physical aspect. Ms.D said I shouldn't ask such a question... That aside... When you, or I for that matter, get into a relationship, I'm pretty sure that I want to be with that person for life... So I'd ask him if in the future he'd see us spending our life together. And even that, she said I shouldn't ask or that guy would run away! But she accepted other group's question of finding out about the family and if they would adjust in the family, etc. And thats okay??? If my questions don't make sense, then neither do these right?! So then itself she sort of annoyed me and today, things got really worse...

Came to class this morning and Ms.D asked us if any of us believed in 'UNCONDITIONAL LOVE'. Last week itself she clearly made her point that such a thing doesn't exist because well... it just doesn't exist... Well, fine! That's her point of view right? So when she asked this today, I raised up my hand... And I think I was the only one, out of 20 over to raise up my hand... I wasn't shy or anything, I just put it straight forward... Then my teacher went on blabbering more about this unconditional love which I wasn't paying attention to because I chose not to! I was messing with my bag, looking around, being fidgity... I think you get the point. So after her pointless blabbering, which I didn't hear, she did the most annoying thing anyone could have ever done! At the other corner of the room was another Indian girl and she asked that girl this question and the girl said she didn't believe in such a thing. Well, fine again! She's entitled to her own opinion... Well the next thing my teacher should have rightfully done is to ask me why I feel there is such a thing called unconditional love right? That would have made sense... But instead, my awesome teacher started praising the other Indian girl saying she's glad of her answer and happy for her. She went on to compare me and her saying that Indian girls usually believe in such things because of society's expectations or something like that... I felt she was indirectly putting me on the spot for that whole time and it just felt like forever...

So I thought that topic was over... Then she was supposed to show us a short movie which I felt had nothing much to do with this current topic... It's called 'Jillian's Vantage' and the movie had a guy who was going through some tough time, probably cause his wife died, and his friend sets him up on a blind date which he reluctanly goes to. He then realizes his date is actually blind and it annoys him. Apparently his blind date is a therapist and when he complains about how the people in the restaurant are staring at him and stuff, she tries to do stuff to make him relax... She asks him to close his eyes and describe those people he was looking at before she came in and he does. For every person he describes negatively she tries to put it positively. Then she asks him where he'd like to be and describe that to her and he does. He says he's at a beach, sands between his toes and stuff. Well he ends it well and then they talk and talk till about 2am when the friend who set up the blind date and owner of the restaurant comes up and says they'd have to leave. He asks to help the lady out of her chair, and then he asks this guy too... And then, he comes back with a wheel chair and helps this guy onto it. And then we all realize that this guy is actually crippled and he can't walk. Whatever the lady did to him was just to get him to see things differently from the eyes of the heart. It ended there. Was only about 25 minutes...

So well, as you can see, the movie doesn't have anything about unconditional love and my wonderful teacher who gave us 2 questions to work on from the movie told us to write realistic stuff and not about unconditional love and things like that. There! She just indirectly put me on the spot! I just can't say how unethical she had been the whole day! Another classmate of mine felt that Ms.D was trying to drill her own opinions into the rest of the class.

If Ms.D has given me a chance, I could have clarified myself. I don't know how I would have, but I might have tried... I feel that there is someone in this world who does love us unconditionally, and he is God... He loves us no matter who we are, how we are and he loves us without conditions... She said love is with measurments, but I say God's love has no measurements! If only she didn't put me on the spot and tried to shoot me the whole day just because my opinion was different from hers, I might have felt much better... But she just had to do it right? She just had to... I felt terribly miserable the whole day to the extend I didn't want to attend her classes anymore. But I guess mum talked me out of it. Haha. Its just amazing how mum makes me feel better even though its just a little...

I guess next week, its back to Ms.D's class! But thankfully, as there is no exams, I could switch off when I want to... Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, just because you think its not right, you don't belittle and hurt someone. That's just so unethical of you Ms.D and its such a shame that you call yourself to be a counsellor. I wonder how many people have been hurt because of you... I know you may not read this, but I hope somehow or another, you'll know what you've done!

For those who think that there is unconditional love, maybe not in the form of God, but through something else, its alright. Don't be ashamed but be proud that you believe in this little things that make life incredibly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment