So today was my 2nd appointment with my Orthodontist. She's pretty cool. I reached 1 hour earlier than my appointment timing, and as soon as she came in, she called me :) So I went in... Last time, she told me that she would need to do some scaling and polishing and inject my gums because they were swollen... So today, she did the cleaning, which hurt a tiny bit. Oh wait! No! First she numbed my upper and lower right gums. The cream tasted a bit strawberry-ish. After a few seconds, it was very numb. Then she used an injection and jabbed my gums. It wasn't very painful actually. I did whine a little. Then came the cleaning part. After a while, she told me that my teeth was growing along with my gum and she had to cut it! I couldn't say anything because my mouth was swollen, and even if I did speak, she probably wouldn't understand a thing xD So I just made some noises to say okay. Somehow, the gum curattage didn't hurt that much. Must be that thing that numbed my gums... Then she had to fit in some separators. They look like rubber bands laaa! Picture is below, look for blue rubber bands :)

So I tried smiling, but thanks to my swollen right side of the mouth, that's what you see. A smile, that isn't much like a smile... If you notice the picture below, the left side is a little weird. My webcam doesn't do mirror image, so my right, is your left :P And that left is the swollen one, but its my right. Get it? xD

Was telling Nusha, that I'm finally going to get in shape because I've started having porridge already... Because of those rubber bands, day in, day out, porridge would be my staple food. Finally I'll get into shape right? Sadly, I'll have to give that chocolate brownie leftovers to someone else because I don't think I can eat it... Have asked granny to prepare me porridge for school tomorrow... Argh... For how long?! :( But the thought of having lovely braces for 2 years and beautiful teeth after that is exciting :) My lips are feeling a little sore now... Arghhh!
Next week is tooth extraction. I wanted to pull out all my 4 teeth at once. But after today's pain, even my Orthodontist said I should do 2 at a time. So next Sunday, 11am, I'm officially going to begin my journey of tooth extraction. Painful yet worth it :) I'm off now... Going to see if there is anyway I can eat that chocolate brownie xD
No comments:
Post a Comment